- General Electric
- $96,980.00 -130,790.00/year*
Role Summary:Mentor and Lead a team of material planners and buyers. Work strategically to drive physical and systematic changes in the material flow process by deploying Lean / Six Sigma methodology. Manage planning and purchasing activities for Upstream consumable and Bioreactor product lines. Work cross functionally with project management, sourcing and material planners to ensure customer fulfillment is maintained and inventory metrics are met while maximizing revenue for the business.
Essential Responsibilities:? Develop production plans and schedules to support customer order fulfillment.
* Coordinate with the global Sales and Operations Planning team to ensure highest levels of forecast accuracy and reliability
* Oversee wing-to-wing global inventory, including stocking strategies and replenishment strategies in order to meet customer request dates and improve inventory turns
* Assure that material will be delivered on schedule, and meet required manufacturing quality standards
* Work with an international team to prioritize, expedite, and coordinate material shipments.
* Coordinate with sourcing function to help facilitate the companies sourcing strategy with suppliers
* Drive and oversee cross functional projects to increase adherence to quoted lead-times and customer request dates
* Establish clear communication channels to the production teams, customer care and project teams.
* Manage supply strategies, item planning parameters, and stocking levels.
* Oversee the MRP system and scheduling tools for maximum efficiency.
* Initiate and drive projects for continuous improvement on inventory levels, cycle reductions, and cost reduction.
* Mentor the production areas on inventory accuracy - cycle count support, transaction training.
* Maintain the highest level of EHS, safety, and quality standards.
* Encourage use of Lean tools to pull material from suppliers, through component plants, and into assembly
* Lead Action Workouts; develop pull systems, train personnel and other activities to achieve a world-class lean process flow
* Define personnel and team strategy to drive effective workforce utilization and ensure only value-added activities are supported by the team
Qualifications/Requirements:? Bachelors degree in business or technical field and 8+ years of supply chain experience
* Proven ability to drive change initiatives in a matrix environment
* Ability to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving change
* Experience setting materials strategy and implementing action plans
* Experience effectively managing changing and conflicting priorities and resolving appropriately
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired Characteristics:? Certified Black Belt
* Oracle knowledge and experience
* Lean Manufacturing Experience
* OMLP Graduate
* Lean Manufacturing AWO Leadership Experience
* MBA or Masters Degree in a technical background
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Westborough;
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, garden, manage, manufacture, mow, plant management, prune, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...