Lead Manufacturing Specialist
Compensation: $90,650.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Lead Manufacturing Specialist will be supporting all aspects of Steam Turbine Services rotor repair and New Unit rotor assembly, ranging from initial customer interface through completion of ST Rotor assembly. Role with include planning, scheduling, documentation, technical support, and customer updates for repairs and assemblies.Essential Responsibilities:
As the Lead Manufacturing Specialist you will:
- Service rotor project reviews, R3 calls, and scope reviews
- Commercial proposal assistance (quoting and scheduling)
- Service rotor background reviews and information gathering (drawings, PAC Cases, SBOM checks, DRB checks)
- SPAC case creation and updating
- Service repair and New Unit build book creation
- Rotor RTD and roller layout drawings
- Daily or weekly project updates to Services PM team and customers
- Project specific tooling procurement and inventory management
- Incoming inspection data reviews, investigation, and digitization
- Extra work recommendations and planning
- Operations fulfillment planning and schedule updates
- Contractor resource planning (FLW, Bolttech Mannings, United Rentals, LES)
- Low Speed Balance and Sling Check technical support and approval
- Services Repair reports - conditional and final
- Peening and brazing qualification materials procurement and test lab coordination
- Bachelors Degree in engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Turbine manufacturing experience
- Steam Turbine Rotor Assembly process knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience interfacing cross-functionally and with customers
- Working knowledge and ability to use CAD / CAM software
- Strong knowledge of Steam Turbine Rotors and components
- Technical degree in engineering, manufacturing operations or equivalent
- Ability to read technical drawings, specifications, and procedures
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing Standards
- Strong technical writing and communication skill set
- Demonstrated project planning and management skill set
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organization ability
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Self-motivated who demonstrates urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;New York;Schenectady;
Associated topics: aerodynamic, assembly, design, mechanism, msme, powertrain, proe, propulsion, solidworks, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...