Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, and train other team members.
1. Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
2. Interface with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
3. Utilize initiative, critical thinking skills, and independent judgment to assist in evaluating engineering models
4. Perform basic trouble shooting skills on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and software systems
5. Utilize basic technical communications throughout the implementation of new products to improve models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
6. Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
7. Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals
8. Provide technical support by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions, and seeking engineering assistance
9. Provide cross training to team members when required
10. Comply with EHS regulations and policies
11. Actively participate in lean manufacturing practices
12. Other Duties as assigned, and may be asked to be included in quality activities, training sessions, and employee activity teams
Required Qualifications :
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma/GED or local equivalent and at least 2 years technical experience
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate, receive, and understand instructions regarding duties to be performed
3. Demonstrated ability of attention to detail and quality-minded work habits
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate with co-workers and leadership
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
6. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment
visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.