Role Summary:The CNC Machine Operator- 2nd Shift will work at the Allentown, PA Metem a GE Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, qualify, and productivity.
Essential Responsibilities:As the CNC Machine Operator- 2nd Shift you will:
* Promotes a culture focused on safe machine operations and material handling procedures * Set-up and operate CNC machines to perform 3, 4, and 5 axis machining operations, could include conventional milling / drilling, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods * Ability to train others * Develop work instructions for CNC operations * Provide feedback on tooling design, focusing on ergonomics, quality, and efficiency * Install work holding devices such as blocks and tooling on table of machine using hand tools * Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device * Select and install tooling, place tools in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet * Record production inspection results in computer data system * Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift * Inspect first-run piece, maintain measured dimension list
* Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using a micrometer and precision dial gauges * Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using CMM, height gauges, bench layout techniques * Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel * Notify supervisor if machined first piece and production parts do not conform to specifications or of machine malfunction * Troubleshoot production problems * Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice * Troubleshoot production, machine and quality problems * Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company * Maintain company production and quality standards * Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor * Observe company safety rules and regulations * Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent * Minimum of 3 years' experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent
* Ability and willingness to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation * Ability and willingness to work occasional weekend shifts * Ability and willingness to work overtime as required * Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes * Successful completion of a background check and drug screen * Ability to read and interpret M&G code * Ability to perform basic M&G code programming in MDI Mode * Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is
required. We will not sponsor
individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation * Has strong ethical standards and integrity * Experience in manufacturing preferred * Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents * Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment. * Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills * Able to work with computerized shop floor tools * Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas * Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision * Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing * Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. * Basic mechanical skills needed * Proficient shop math skills * Basic computer skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
About Us:GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;Pennsylvania;Allentown;