Assembler - Freedman Seating
Play a key role in the manufacturing of seating products as an Assembler. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities. About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers. Hiring Company - Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products
for many applications including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include major OEMs and bus distributors as well as the federal government, many state governments and municipalities.
The family of Freedman Seating bus seats includes products for small and mid-size coaches, paratransit vans and buses, public transit buses, and private bus operators. Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel. Location
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop) Hours
- Monday - Friday
- 1 st and 2 nd shifts available
Assembles bus seat in accordance with blueprints and instruction booklets. The assembler needs to have hand-eye coordination. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abides OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read orders and follow blueprint instructions.
- Builds assemblies to specified bill of materials (BOM).
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools to assemble seat.
- Obtain parts for assembly by way of blueprint, picklist and/or order.
- Inspect assembled seat and complete an inspection sheet.
- Deliver completed seat to the packing department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge and or Experience:
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime, as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Salary and Benefit Information
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one year of experience and/or training; Or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use a computer to access blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Ability to read English.
- Must have strong math and measurement skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Hourly wages ($13.00 - $14.00 depending on experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
- CTA accessible (Cicero Green Line)
Loading some great jobs for you...