Development, Tech Lead
Compensation: $88,740.00 - $128,570.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Are you up for development work that is exciting in a way that develops professional growth, will always keep you engaged, and is personally exciting. Not only will you be able to further develop and improve your skills by working on a large-scale project at the enterprise level, but you will be able to gain valuable business domain knowledge. You will be helping develop one of the most vital and impactful systems at Freddie Mac, which helps generate a large portion of the company's revenue and is the foundation to the single-family business line.
You will witness and will be part of the applications transformation journey to align with modern delivery techniques and tools that includes Java 8, Spring Boot, RESTful Web Services, API on APIGEE, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, MongoDB, Microservices to name a few. In Pricing department, we are pushing the razor edge of creativity and constantly tackling to find new ways to solve the problem.
Apply to join Freddie Mac's growing Pricing Execution, Single Family division as our newest Development Tech Lead. This is an exciting opportunity to independently own the solution delivery of issues as well as lead and mentor junior members on the team. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that streamline delivery processes.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
* Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements Analysis, design applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if vital, and develop the team in development, unit testing and deploying the application.
* Design and Build Micro Services based solutions using Java/JEE frameworks, Docker and Open Shift.
* Follow the department application standards and general industry-based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
* Chip in and participate in design and code reviews.
* Reengineer and develop demonstrating new design patterns
* Improve application performance and redesign as needed to achieve faster response times
* Contribute in design in delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and OpenShift platforms.
* Support building Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers.
* Identify and implement automation opportunities to reduce delivery cycle times
* Support one of Freddie Mac's core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light improvements.
* Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
* Experience in Agile based project development, CI/CD pipeline, multi cloud technologies and migration of applications to the cloud.
* At least 5+ Years of experience in developing sophisticated API's, Enterprise applications specifically in Java, Spring boot, JSON/ XML Technologies.
* At least 2 years RESTful API's, Microservices and System to System API development experience.
* Experience Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, Swagger & AWS technologies.
* Good hands on experience with Junit, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium framework for code testing.
* Strong database programming skills working with SQL (Oracle, DB2) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases.
* Good understanding of JBoss/WebLogic/Tomcat servers and configurations.
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite and Kubernetes
* Experience with WebLogic Administration
Keys to Success in this Role
* Works under minimal direction. Quick learner of new technologies and tools and able to provide technical guidance to the team and team members.
* Proactive in nature with business and partner satisfaction as primary goal with strong written and oral communications skills.
* Innovative in providing solutions, likes to tackle challenges with calculated risk.
* Not a just lead, but a lead with an attitude to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Associated topics: application architect, backend, c, design pattern, devops, java, matlab, maven, php, senior software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...