Agile Development Tech Lead
Freddie Mac in Woodbridge, VA
- Industry: Information Technology - Software Architect And Senior Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $52,810.00 - 72,860.00 / Year*
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Provide guidance on technical application delivery to multiple projects as well as Production Support
- Help set direction and make decisions on technology solutions
- Solution the business needs, design and develop end to end BI/Analytics applications including BI/Analytics components, Data virtualization
- Engage with business users, application owners and other parties to understand business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
- Lead delivery of solutions using agile development methodologies
- Document and evangelize best practices for development of robust, well-engineered solutions.
- Be a role model and technical mentor to the developers, work alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy and dedicated team members
- Build a relationship of mutual respect and trust with our stakeholders, including our business partners
- Champion technology and tools change that improves delivery processes
- Act as an agent for change regarding the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- At least 5 years, engineering quality full-stack solutions. If coding is like breathing you've probably found the right position.High Level Tech Skills (we are sure you will have more):
- Languages: Java, AngularJS, node.js
- Modern Tools: RedHat Fuse, jBPM or Drools, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Git, Jenkins, Cucumber
- DBs: SQL, Mongo, Postgres
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
- Other: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Looking for strong understanding and implementation of tried and true as well as modern design patterns and architectural principles.
- You embrace change and innovation push the boundaries of what is possible
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your culture and are experienced and ready for a modernized delivery environment
- You are rock solid on your tech you will be driving team and organizational direction on solutions & architecture you need to know the modern approaches as well as where all the landmines are.
- You've got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt .You're going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down
- Proven success coaching and transforming technical teams to shift to modern execution model
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, backend, c/c++, design, develop, matlab, maven, php, project architect
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!