Manufacturing Process Engineer I
Compensation: $94,990.00 - $147,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Manufacturing Process Engineer I TBF 100 is an entry-level position in the Manufacturing Technology Support (MT&S) department in support of the SATURN Project located at the Texas BioManufacturing Facility 100 (TBF 100) in College Station, Texas. This position will report directly to the Associate Director, MT&S, but may also jhave a functional reporting relationship to a senior colleague on a project to project basis.
Works independently, and with colleagues, to provide expertise and assistance for the design, development, standardization and maintenance of an operational biotechnology utilized in the manufacture of proteins and drug substances. This person would become the subject matter expert on core manufacturing and operational technologies for the manufacturing unit. Operational biotechnologies include: Isolators and their use in cell propagation, Cell Culture/Single Use Technology, Dispensing and Mixing and Buffer Preparation. This position will also create training programs and perform training for manufacturing technicians in the unit operation categories.
Develop and maintain equipment and unit operation standards and procedures utilizing 4M (Man, Materials, Machinery and Methods) approach including:
- (Man) Develop and deliver effective skill building and training plans for a given operational technology to manufacturing technicians.
- Collaborate with individuals and teams of technicians & managers on self-development plans.
- Implement e-learning, video, classroom and in suite design and delivery as appropriate.
- Create and maintain the technical training manuals and personnel certification process.
- Develop and assure alignment of training and skill building activities to site business requirements.
- Assure local operational practice reflect local procedure and instruction.
- Provide guidance and direction on cross-functional training initiatives.
Understand process control and material inputs to ensure capable and acceptable process output.
(Machinery) Understand technology operation capabilities, limits and control strategies.
- Review and/or Approve equipment qualification limits.
- Review Calibration Tolerances and Approve Out of Tolerance Investigations
- Represent the manufacturing unit for equipment purchase, new technology and changes to equipment.
(Methods) Develop and maintain Technical Operational Manuals/Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions/Batch Records.
- Lead operational technology standardization, standard batch templates and instruction interfaces and lead continuous improvement for a given technology.
- Interface with Process Development and Process Science to ensure smooth transfer of processes into the manufacturing plant.
- Develop and approve procedures and batch records.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to train others to perform to cGMP standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail; ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have flexible work hours must be willing to work outside of normally-scheduled hours as necessary; including opportunities for alternative shift-hours and weekends as required.
- Experience working in cleanroom environments under sterile or aseptic conditions; must have experience in engineering standards required for this type of operation.
- Must have good planning skills and must be willing to interface with and guide colleagues in many different roles and functions throughout the manufacturing facilities.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching above shoulders and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds, on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor s degree in Science, Engineering or other related field and 3 years of relevant experience;
- Associate s degree in Science, Engineering or other related field and 5 years of relevant experience;
- High School/GED with 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in developing training materials.
- Experience conducting and evaluating training.
- Experience with laboratory and or manufacturing instruments/equipment.
- Previous leadership roles.
- GMP experience
Associated topics: bioinformatic, biomaterials, biomechanics, biomedical, biomedical engineer, biophysics, enzyme, fermentation, msat, neurodegenerative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...