Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people's lives. Consider joining us as a Maintenance Supervisor in our Operations department at Livermore, California! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for? making a difference in people's lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with?and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
How you will contribute to make a difference
* Directs and/or assists workers and outside contractors in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, or HVAC systems
* Assists workers and outside contractors in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment
* Directs workers and outside contractors engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery
* Order and maintain appropriate inventory of spare parts and maintain critical parts inventory
* Reviews Preventive Maintenance Schedules, project lists, and area repair requests and estimates worker hour requirements and schedules for completion of job assignments
* Interprets company policies to direct reports and outside contractors and enforces safety regulations
* Interprets specifications, wire schematics, blueprints, and job orders as necessary to complete, or advises others in the completion of assigned duties
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
* Responds to alarm calls associated with equipment or building conditions
* Maintains facility equipment lists, equipment files, and history of repairs
* Performs calibration of applicable equipment
* Manages the timely completion of maintenance records
* Other duties as assigned
Is this you? If so, apply today!
* 3-5 years related experience and/or training
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures, equipment manuals, or governmental regulations
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to oversee multiple projects/schedules at one time
* Ability to communicate well with both employees and management
* Availability for rotational weekend work
* Leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and provide effective feedback and accountability.
* Supervisory experience desired
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, field service, field service technician, maintenance, malfunction, mechanical, repair, troubleshoot, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.