Elementis in Charleston, SC
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $35,510.00 - 52,640.00 / Year*
Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers? performance is at the heart of what we do?and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,600 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description SummaryOversee plant general maintenance, infrastructure, storeroom and preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Drive change through leadership, project work and business system improvements. Establish the annual maintenance budget and manage spending within the approved budget.
Key Responsibilities :
Works safely, maintains a safe work environment, attends safety training and other related meetings. Ensures safe completion of projects by both Elementis Personnel and contractors.
- Direct supervision of Plant Maintenance employees
- Check completed installations to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and company standards.
- Actively participates in all safety programs:
- Knows all safety policies and procedures (especially the life critical ? LO/TO, Confined Space, Working From Heights, Hot Work, Line Breaking, and Emergency Response)
- Reports all safety incidents immediately
- Oversees Management of Change program
- Participates in monthly safety and communications meetings.May be required to make presentations.
- Works to keep an environmentally sound facility:
- Knows and follows Emergency Response Plan
- Reports all environmental incidents immediately
- Identify area capital requirements and execute projects to completion.
- Support production as required including off-shift, night and weekend support as needed.
- Champion area JD Edwards system improvements including:procurement, storeroom, maintenance work order system, and production planning.
- Oversee plant preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance programs
- Oversees relationship with local machine and fabrication shops to ensure equipment is repaired in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Work closely with maintenance working supervisors, unit team leader, and senior plant engineer to implement and track outage plans.Identify, scope, plan, and implement maintenance improvement projects.
- Confer with employees to resolve mechanical problems using Root Cause Failure Analysis practices.
- Generate equipment inspection checklists in conjunction with technical and hourly maintenance/ operations personnel to ensure best use of planned and unplanned downtime and highest possible process stability.
- Act as outage coordinator or advisor to such for various shutdowns throughout the plant, working to ensure maximum efficiency and best use of resources toward P/PdM needs.
- Stay abreast of products and services to improve plant maintenance system including cross-site ?best practice?.
- Participate in monthly safety and communications meetings, weekly maintenance team meetings, and daily production meetings.
- This role will be a back up Shift Supervisor to provide shift relief when necessary for all three shifts.
Additional Job Description
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to establish new culture in operations facility, and be an effective driver of change.Work experience in a union environment preferred.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) preferred.
- Three to Five years of managerial experience with budgetary responsibility in a chemical or allied industry.
- Ideally from a chemical manufacturing environment, with strong focus on maintenance programs
- Experience strength in electrical systems
- Experience with pumps, motors and rotating equipment.
- Proven management experience in process plant. Union experience desirable.
- Worked in an environment of leading organization capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and positively motivate others.
- Strong ability to identify, develop and encourage talent.
- Demonstrated results in process improvement.
- Proven ability to measure performance and deliver against objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with ability to influence all levels of the organization.
Internally: reporting to the Plant Manager, working directly with other department managers onsite; indirectly working with other Company functions where applicable.
Externally: with suppliers, trade unions and local community.
Level of Autonomy:
- Work is assigned within defined objectives.Job holder will need to consult with Plant Manager regularly and when there is major deviation from standard practice, or when significant opportunity arises that needs immediate attention.
- Ability to represent Elementis Specialties in contract negotiation with regards all manufacturing or financial activities.
- Control, setting and monitoring of targets / objectives of Maintenance Staff.
Elementis is a UK listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide that serve customers in North and South America, Europe and Asia Paci?c in a wide range of markets and sectors.
The Group comprises three businesses: Specialty Products, Chromium and Surfactants. Both Specialty Products and Chromium hold leading market positions in their chosen sectors. Elementis employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!