Manufacturing Technology Engineer
Compensation: $96,900.00 - $143,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Pall Corporation is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer in Cortland, NY. The Manufacturing Technology Engineer will be providing technical and project leadership in developing and deploying equipment and process technology for new product development, cost reduction and quality improvement.
The Manufacturing Technology Engineer will develop manufacturing infrastructure to integrate or deploy new manufacturing processes. Benchmarking Pall and Industry Best Practice for Production Equipment and Manufacturing Technologies. See opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, reliability and efficiency of manufacturing equipment. Developing or maintain programs associated with improving manufacturing production equipment. Identifying and implementing new manufacturing technologies, processes or equipment. Provide guidance to Pall s Global Manufacturing Technology knowledge network. Install and evaluate manufacturing equipment, materials or components. Supervise or measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease cycle/lead-times, or improve quality. Oversee equipment start-up, characterization, qualification and production handover (IQ, OQ, PQ). Prepare plant and cell layouts, specifications, drawings, sketches of machinery / equipment including tooling and standard work documents using CAD software (AutoCAD, Inventor). Develop capital investment justifications for manufacturing equipment (IPA, URS, ROI). Coordinate equipment purchases, installations, or transfers. Estimate manufacturing costs. Ensure alignment to safety rules and practices. Training and operating materials for Production Equipment (Standard Work, Work Instructions). Train manufacturing associates on production equipment including H&S, quality etc.
- Identify, specify and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes or equipment (30%).
- Develop and support manufacturing equipment improvement projects i.e. safety, quality, reliability etc. (30%).
- Support the product development portfolio and facilitate the deployment of the DBS Growth & Lean tools (20%).
- Define and standardize on Pall/industry best practice for our core competency manufacturing processes (10%).
- Provide day to day manufacturing equipment support for Operations & Engineering team (10%).
- A recognized Engineering Degree or equivalent and subsequent experience in Product & Process engineering.
- Minimum four years experience in project management.
- Minimum four years experience in technical process improvements.
- DBS/lean manufacturing experience Problem solving, standard work, value stream mapping, Kaizen.
- Equipment/process design and specification experience within relevant industries such as Medical device, Bio-Pharmaceutical, Aerospace or General Industrial.
- PMP or Six Sigma Blackbelt a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills both up and down the organization especially technical.
- Knowledge of process validation procedures and techniques e.g. FMEA, process capability studies.
- Computer literate (SAP, Microsoft Office software, MS Project, Minitab).
- CAD, able to generate conceptual and detailed drawings in Autodesk Inventor.
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing tools e.g. 5S, Kanban, Visual Management, SMED
- Be a champion, enthusiast in Manufacturing Technology development.
- Effective decision making and analytical ability to render sound decisions based on data.
- Financial skills to understand and use business financial data.
- Strong problem solving skills and effective time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to travel globally/domestically in support of role objectives (estimated at 10% - 15%).
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, garden, lawn, management, plant, prune, scanner, ship, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...