**Danaher Company Description**
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company's history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems' tradition of innovation, which draws on users' ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Sr. Field Service Engineer
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
Including but not limited to:
Los Angeles, CA
Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica.
* Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on various Microscopes
* Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established time guidelines in order to meet customer expectations
* Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica policies.
* Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service engineers with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance in order to generate service revenue.
* Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application and professional development skills and ultimately, represent the company in a professional manner.
* Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits in order to maximize \"Fast Time Fix\" repair metrics.
* Control expenses in order to maximize the profit contribution to the company.
* Represent the company in a professional manner in order to install confidence within current and prospective customers of Leica SP products.
* 3 years electrical, electronic or electromechanical industry experience
* Associates or Bachelors' Degree preferred. Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience will be considered.
* Field service experience
* Experience with OS installation and PC repair
* Laser experience
* Vacuum and pressure experience on instruments
* Optics and microscopy experience
Travel (required estimated % of time)
* 75% of the time
* Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role:
711 ### #### 2584 4130 4133 4541 5899 6071 6072 7603 7607 7610 7618 13D 13M 13P 13R 13T 2T311A 2T311C 2T312A 2T312B 2T312C 2T331A 2T331C 2T332A 2T332B 2T332C 2T351 2T351A 2T351C 2T352A 2T352C 62B 63A 63D 63E 63H 63M 63N 63S 63T 63Y 88R 91A 91B 91E 91H 91L 91M 91P 91S ABE ABH AS CM EN GSM MM MM(NUC) MR SB 68A 68J 919A 91C 94H 94R 47D 948E 919A 948B 94W 670A 12A 919A 120A 881A 1A111 1A151 43E1A 43E1C 62E1E 62E1H 62E3E 4A200 4A211 4A231 4A251 4A2X1 43E3C 1P000 2A6X2 2P0X1 2P0X1 L08A 001### ####48 5799 5977 T13A T17A T18A 5904 003756 ET 8824 2805 5900 1142
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Organization:** Leica Biosystems
**Job Function:** Customer Support
**Primary Location:** North America-North America-United States-IL-Chicago
**Req ID:** LEI004694
Associated topics: assembler, ear piercing, operational staff, operator, pharmacy technician, repair, service detailer, service porter, service support, technician