- Cushman & Wakefield
- $42,145.00 -71,390.00/year*
15 Stonecrest Rd
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Job Description Summary
SHIFT: 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (Second Shift) Sunday through Thursday
* Initial three month training period to gain site familiarity; may require work on varied shifts.
* Work under general supervision of the Account Director at a GMP regulated facility maintaining FDA quality standards.
* Document all work within a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
* Maintain, adjust, and repair a variety of machines and equipment used to support building, manufacturing, and R&D operations.
* Perform all work assigned within the constraints of the CBA and in accordance with all company and customer standards, policies, and safe work practices. Maintain compliance with all Department Operating Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Maintain equipment and machinery in working order by performing preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and component parts, refrigeration, water distribution and drainage systems. Other tasks include: Lubricate equipment, change filters, repack valves, adjust and renew belts, clean traps and strainers, repack bearings, replace packing glands, gaskets, valves, cleaning, repairing, and replace equipment or other components, using hand tools and power tools, order parts and materials as needed to complete preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
* Maintain building support equipment, such as: cooling towers, evaporative condensers, centrifugal, reciprocating and scroll refrigeration equipment, variable volume fan systems, centrifugal and axial fans, heat pumps, pumps, compressors, generators, steam traps, heat exchangers, filters and filtration systems, louvers, vanes, mixing boxes, and other equipment.
* Perform scheduled inspections to verify equipment and facilities are functioning within limits; observe, listen, and use test equipment to detect, document and repair leaks, malfunctions, and defective parts on machinery and systems.
* Provide work direction or assistance to other trades, as needed to complete tasks related to operating and maintaining equipment and systems.
* 5 or more years of experience as a trade journeyman in a Bio-medical, Pharma environment; may be offset with relevant military or industrial technical training.
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
* Current State of Connecticut S1 or S2 license.
* Valid motor vehicle license
* High School diploma or GED.
* English comprehension and Mathematics (Basic Level).
* Experienced in installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration systems.
* Operating within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations policies and procedures.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels.
* Organized and self-motivated.
* Work skillfully with hands
* Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
* Climb and maintain balance on ladders, lifts, and scaffolds; and stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch while performing duties
* Work in cold, hot, and wet environments
* Follow established policies and procedures including all safety procedures and work within precise limits
* Work independently within a team environment to assist others as needed
* Operate and maintain wide variety of maintenance tools and equipment
* Adapt to rapidly changing priorities based on business needs, unscheduled extended shift work and overtime is to be expected
* Pass pre-employment physical with drug screen and physical capabilities test
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, calibrate, diagnose, field service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance mechanic, troubleshoot, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...