Compensation: $80,050.00 - $124,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individualsDIVISION OVERVIEW:
Crown s Aerosol Division helps global brands become leaders in their market segments with high quality metal aerosol packaging. We merge our unique decorating capabilities with the latest aerosol technologies to create packaging that not only meets rigorous industry requirements but most importantly, the everyday needs and expectations of consumers worldwide. Here is your chance to join the Crown Aerosol DivisionPOSITION OVERVIEW:
As a member of the plant management team, the Plant Accountant in Alsip, IL is responsible for insuring the financial integrity of all activities. Specific responsibilities include month end closing, journal entries, variance analysis, reconciliation, budgeting, and inventory control. The position will work closely with the Plant Manager on all accounting issues and interact daily with our Corporate Accounting group.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of the annual budget, annual standard cost updates, monthly, quarterly and annual income projections, monthly reports to management, manual journal entries, direct/indirect costs, variance analysis, and various financial reports
- Analyze operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Monthly closing responsibility, including review of local Goods Received/Invoice Received report, Plant's Indirect Labor Cost Center, and Issuing Monthly Plant Financials
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
- Warehouse, shipping, and inventory control management including reporting inventories by location, Perpetual Inventories and Cycle Count Activities
- Inventory control including managing physical inventories twice a year, BOMS/Route, costing requests, etc.
- Manufacturing asset control, including annual verification
- Development of local manufacturing metrics, including performance metrics and capacity analysis
- Supervise account payable activities
- Other duties as required or assigned
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS Degree in Business, or Accounting.
- 3 years' successful experience in a managerial position related to accounting duties in a manufacturing facility
- CMA designation is a plus
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP
- Accounting experience with a standards based accounting system experience with P&L, projections and inter-company transfers
- Expert proficiency level in Microsoft Office with specific emphasis on Excel, Access and Word
- The ability to work independently, as well as function effectively within a team.
- Strong PC ability, excellent communication skills and multi-tasking abilities are essential
- Ability to develop processes and procedures without systems in place
- Demonstrated project management, time management and organization skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AS400 software is a plus
Loading some great jobs for you...