- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Replace depleted supply packages with full packages.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twists
into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, and/or uniformity of yarn.
- Place bobbins on spindles and insert spindles into bobbin-winding machines.
- Stop machines when specified amount of products has been produced.
- Observe bobbins as they are winding; and cut threads to remove loaded bobbins, using knives.
- Inspect products to verify that they meet specifications and to determine whether machine
adjustment is needed.
- Adjust machine settings such as speed or tension to produce products that meet
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Notify supervisors of equipment malfunctions.
- Manage quality inspections.
- Observe all safety procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
STANDING- Stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours with two 10-
minute breaks and one 20-minute lunch.
MOVING (self)- Walk 500 ft. approx. 100 times/shift.
MOVING (materials)- Lift creel packages weighing up to 30lbs. approx. 480 times/shift. Lift and
carry doffed packages weighing up to 22 lbs approx. 2ft. Lift empty tubes weighing lb. 480
times/shift approx. 20 ft. Exert sufficient push/pull force to move wheeled boxes to racks
weighing 150 to 500 lbs. approx. 30 times/shift.
HEARING/SPEAKING- Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to
perform job properly.
REACHING- Ability to reach overhead approx. 3 ft to doff, start up packages & for end break
BENDING/STOOPING- Bend or stoop to perform job duties as needed.
SFC-HRS-003-0006 Rev. 6 Release Date: 09.21.2016
VISUAL ACUITY- Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes,
and quality defects. Must have good perception of quality.
-Meets eligibility requirements.
-High School diploma or GED.
Manufacturing Operations and Production--Manufacturing