Employment Type: Full-Time
Blackhawk Services is a food manufacturing company that provides high quality food goods for a new product line for a globally recognized sweet treat brand. Blackhawk is in start-up mode and seeking a high performing leader who doesn t shy away from a challenge. If you are looking for an opportunity to have an immediate impact on a startup environment and create a legacy of high-quality food manufacturing and developing people, this is the position for you.
The best. The brightest. That pretty much sums up what we look for in every person we hire. Lucky. That pretty much sums up how we feel to have them. If you re hungry and ready to hit the ground running and feel like you could teach us athing or two, then we just might need to meet you. Apply today and let s find out!
As the Plant Manager, you will coordinate and direct all major plant functions, maintain good employee relations, and meet all key performance objectives for delivery of customer requirements. You will execute all manufacturing operations including Product, Planning, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Maintenance, Purchasing, Safety, Shipping, Receiving and Materials Controls, all in conformance with Blackhawk Services policies and all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. You will also coordinate and communicate the operations forecast, including the identification of key financial operating risks and potential offsets. We will rely on you to support all strategic efforts to generate new sales and maintain the existing customer base.
- Guides department managers in the development of labor usage strategies to better the utilize resources, reacting to changes in production demands and deadlines.
- Communicates to management and plant personnel Company changes in policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of companywide policies and procedures.
- Help develop annual operating budget and ensures plant operates efficiently while meeting or exceeding corporate financial goals.
- Actively works with the Human Resources department in policy development, employee grievances, employee development issues, and employee motivation.
- Work to develop strategies to reduce production equipment downtime due to equipment failures.
- Actively works process flows, optimization of plant layouts, coordination of shutdowns, and startups due to new production lines and equipment installations.
- Oversees Cost Accounting on new products costing, developing standards, analysis of variances, and annual budget process.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements to reduce labor, ingredient, and packaging materials cost.
- Analyzes plant daily/weekly/monthly spending to keep indirect and fixed cost within standards in order to meet/exceed corporate financial goals.
- Analyzes manufacturing variances of ingredient, materials, and labor usage and works with management team to implement strategies to reduce them.
- Identifies and implement continuous improvement initiatives such is labor reduction, waste reduction, and reduction of indirect cost to contribute to factory objectives.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Management or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience is required, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a Safety oriented environment is required.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with and influence large groups of employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, garden, inventory, lawn, management, mow, plant management, scanner, ship
Loading some great jobs for you...