Auto Body Shop Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Dealership is looking for an Auto Body Shop Manager to join our team. The service department is one of the most important in the dealership. The Automobile Body Shop Manager repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Manage and Hire technicians
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Refinish repaired surface.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
- Two years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice or 3 years previous as Auto Body Shop Manager.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs.
- This is a physically demanding position.
- Will stand six to eight hours per shift.
- Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Please apply online by clicking on the green APPLY NOW button below.
Loading some great jobs for you...