Job Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent is one of the world s leading suppliers of laser and laser-based solutions to a broad range of commercial and scientific research customers - designing, manufacturing and marketing lasers, laser-based systems, and related accessories for a diverse group of customers and markets. Since 1966, Coherent has expanded through a combination of internal growth and the strategic acquisition of related companies. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent is home to the most talented professionals in the industry.
Come join the brightest and largest team in the business to help continue taking Coherent laser solutions into future generations!
We currently have a need for a Product Manufacturing Engineer, a high-profile and key role, in our Laser Systems and Measurement (LSM) Group located in Wilsonville, Oregon, just minutes south of Portland. LSM designs and manufactures precision solid state lasers for scientific, medical, instrumentation and vision markets, as well as calibrated laser measurement systems for a wide variety of laser type and power applications providing critical technology to thousands of global customers with a wide range of products specifically tailored to satisfy demanding customer requirements.To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas: Laser Photonics, New Product Introduction (NPI), and Project Management.Responsibilities include:
- Leading and supporting new product introduction preparation and execution. Providing ongoing product design support necessary to improve product quality and cost.
- Collaborating with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products from design-phase into production.
- Diagnosing and debugging product and manufacturing issues with corrective action implementation.
- Interfacing with Product Line Managers and lead the release of limited design product variants in operations.
- Ensuring the timely communication of assigned project progress through a weekly formal presentation of key metrics, project schedules and action item lists.
- Estimating manufacturing cost, determining time standards, and making recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new product lines.
- Reviewing BOM structures and submitting changes required to structure for optimal manufacturing effectiveness, coordinating with planners, buyers and production management.
- Proposing and justifying capital and expense expenditures necessary to provide new production capability. Assisting forecasting capital and expense requirements in advance of need.