Summary of Position:
The Welder will primarily be a Field Service position based out of the Rebuild Center safely performing Welding and Maintenance repairs on mining equipment located at all Cloud Peak Energy mine sites. The position may work rotating shifts as necessary and in various weather conditions.
* Actively participate in safety meetings, pre-task risk assessment and safe work procedure planning.
* Demonstrate strong safety practices that include lockout/tag out and work area cleanliness.
* Produce high quality, dependable repairs, safely every shift, and take on additional responsibility with minimal supervision.
* Must complete field service reports, legibly, accurately and in a timely manner.
* Ability to read prints, lay-out and fabricate parts, develop specifications from general descriptions and draw sketches of parts or products for fabrication.
* Operate various types of shop and field equipment such as service trucks, floor sweepers, bobcat loaders, forklifts, overhead cranes, welding and cutting equipment, and hydraulic press equipment.
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience in welding
* Must have a strong working knowledge of welding procedures, techniques, processes, and proper repair methods for various types of equipment
* High School diploma / GED
* Valid Drivers license
* Associates Degree in Welding Technology or similar field (preferred)
* CDL License (preferred)
* Excellent written and verbal skills with; crews, supervisors, managers, coordinators, production, vendors and inspectors, providing task completion and pass-on information
* Must be a self-starter; work well with teams as well as independently
* Demonstrate good decision making skills and the ability to prioritize work
* Consistently display positive behaviors that support Cloud Peak Energy's goals and objectives
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to continuously kneel or crouch; frequently climb ladders and crawl; and occasionally climb stairs and squat. The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 61 pounds, right carry up to 22 pounds; and rarely lift, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds rarely while lying on the back. The employee is required to occasionally push up to 80 pounds of force sand pull up to 55 pounds of force horizontally; rarely push up to 100 pounds of force horizontally and up to 55 pounds of force vertically; rarely rotate with 20 pounds of force or swing up to 12 pounds. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; occasionally with a static hand grip of 33 pounds of force; and rarely at an elevated levels. Occasionally the employee is required to sit with frequent forward bending and rarely rotation. Frequently the employee is required to walk; shovel; and to stand with forward bending. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: Works in site environments on rotating shifts with variable hours. Working outdoors in all weather conditions; working in plant environment; working in shop environment; and working in the cab of equipment or vehicle.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently with or without accommodation. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The above job profile reflects the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities may be expected based on operational and departmental needs.
Associated topics: aluminum, carbon, composites, fabricator, fusion, general fabricating, mig, rebar, torch cutter, weld