Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Compensation: $88,250.00 - $126,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
LOCATION: Monroe, NC
DIRECT REPORTING: Operations Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Manufacturing
POSITION DETAILS Sr Manufacturing Engineer
The Sr Manufacturing Engineer position works collectively with other functional groups including manufacturing, design engineering, quality, and customer service. Responsible for creating the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for intricate and/or complex machined parts and assemblies that meet design and quality requirements. Work with cell management, tool design, and fabrication designs. Provide manufacturability input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification. Work on continuous improvement projects that support the Lean Manufacturing methodology such as set-up reduction and Kaizen events.
- Develop and prepare complete processes and routes for fabricated parts and system and pump assemblies to meet/exceed the organizational goals of scrap and lead time
- Evaluates processes by conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, test, paint, and shipping specs, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians
- Determine, design and implement fixtures, and gages for fabrication, system and pump assemblies, and performance test operations
- Determines root cause of failures using statistical methods (e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods
- Work on continuous improvement projects, set-up reduction, TPM, 5S that support the Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Evaluate product designs for manufacturability
- Participate in the evaluation, procurement and start-up of new capital equipment
- Developing and manage multiple project plans and schedules for work activities within timing and cost constraints
- An understanding of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and ability to utilize reading part drawings
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional associations
- Provide leadership to others in department. Act as prime contact on high level projects. Establish goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, AutoCAD or similar design software experience is required. 3D modeling experience is a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as part drawings, assembly drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to be highly successful in a team environment working cooperatively among different departments to achieve business goals.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Technology is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Manufacturing environment is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years engineering experience is required.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...