Compensation: $92,040.00 - $130,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense LOCATION: Hauppauge DIRECT REPORTING: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is a fast-growing company known for its ability to provide highly engineered technology, service and system solutions to a range of aerospace and associated markets.
Globally focused with strategic facilities on four continents, we offer a range of products, components and integrated systems that are found on most commercial and military aircraft, as well as on unmanned aircraft, military ground vehicles, shipboard applications and spacecraft. Core product lines include: fluid control, landing gear and actuation, and electro-mechanical control.
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense - Hauppauge, NY
Aerodyne Controls/CIRCOR Aerospace, Inc., manufactures and supplies engineered critical control components and sub-systems based on customer requirements to the aerospace and medical equipment markets. A new lean manufacturing facility, features a class 10K clean room for flight critical pressure regulators, product line cells for pneumatic weapons release systems, high pressure pneumatic assemblies, blood separation centrifuges, and kinetic switch components and modules.
KEY PRODUCTS/ APPLICATIONS
- High Pressure Pneumatic Systems
- Pneumatic Blowdown Systems
- Landing Gear Blowdown Systems
- Kinetic Switches
- Pneumatic UAV Rail & Tube Launchers
- Blood / Plasma Centrifuges
MAJOR INDUSTRIES SERVED
- Aerospace - Military, and Commercial
Manufacturing Engineer will act under the general supervision of a Manufacturing Engineering Manager on multiple assignments of complex nature and broad scope.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, the candidate will be a part of a dynamic team to design and develop manufacturing processes for new and legacy product lines. This includes but not limited to process improvements, tooling, test fixturing, manufacturing instructions, and problem solving.
- Continually improve manufacturing methods/systems and process/ product improvements to optimize product performance and reduce manufacturing costs. Identify, design, implement, and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Determine specific requirements of manufacturing operation to specify equipment, fixturing, and process parameters. Collaborate on design with suppliers to fulfill equipment and fixturing requirements.
- Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Provides support in the development, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, factory work standards development, and the like.
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned tasks within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Ensures that the quality policy and quality system is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization.
- Develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation.
- Applies six sigma methodologies as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering (B.S / B.E.) in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering (or equivalent) from an ABET-accredited institution. Master s Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years engineering experience preferred. Applicants with less experience may be considered based on their competency and experience.
- Experience in designing/analysing components, assemblies, and tooling with high precision tolerances.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in technical writing (work instructions, reports, etc.) with an attention to detail for formatting, consistency, and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modelling, assemblies, and drawings (SolidWorks / AutoDesk Inventor).
- Proficiency in MS Excel (formulas, lookup functions, etc).
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret reference manuals, engineering standards, and vendor component catalogues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with all operational disciplines.
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies.
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic Valve assembly and test experience.
- Knowledge of visual programming languages a plus (LabVIEW, Simulink, etc.)
- Knowledge of text-based programming languages a plus (MATLAB, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of Electromechanical components and PLC troubleshooting
- Previous experience with aviation or medical equipment qualification processes desirable.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean certification a plus
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in financial and statistical analysis
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
- Ability to provide cross-functional and organizational leadership within a highly matrixed organization.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee all require proper identification and documentation)
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: Typical work may require light lifting (less than 25 lbs.). Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- Intermittent travel required Less than 5% expected
CIRCOR Aerospace Products and the Aerodyne Controls business offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesJob Requirements:
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...