This position performs a variety of housekeeping duties throughout the Hospital complex to ensure a clean, presentable, and sanitary environment. The position actively supports the Hospital and the department Continuous Quality Improvement and customer service goals, individually, and as an effective team member.
1. Selects cleaning materials and supplies from supply room. Loads service cart and transports to assigned work area.
2. Cleans assigned area following appropriate standard policy and procedures outlined in environmental services policy & procedure manual. Where applicable, all damp dusting and disinfection will be accomplished by using the Hospital approved germicidal cleaning solution.
3. Sweeps, dusts, mops and vacuums floors. Utilizes floor machines of various speeds, automatic scrubbers, waste collection equipment, and related machinery, including all carpet extraction equipment. Washes walls, windows and inside ceilings by hand or utilizing wall/ceiling washing kits. May be called upon to wash outside windows and screens.
4. Uses dry dust cloths, high dusting tools, and vacuum cleaner to clean window sills, blinds, floors, and furniture. Empties ashtrays and waste receptacles, arranges furniture, furnishings, and equipment in proper order. Makes bed with clean linen following appropriate policy and procedure.
5. Scours and polishes sinks, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, and adjacent equipment/fixtures. Replenishes appropriate supply of soap, linens, and disposable paper products.
6. Performs all tile floor stripping, refinishing and maintenance procedures.
7. Notifies environmental services team leader of supply and/or equipment needs. Reports any mechanical failure/problem or environmental defect, as observed, to environmental services team leader and/or department office.
8. Where applicable, moves furniture and furnishings to adequately clean area. Turns and/or replaces mattress.
9. Returns unused supplies to appropriate supply room. Collects trash and soiled linen from assigned areas and deposit in appropriate areas. Cleans cart and equipment on a daily basis.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. A High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Able to demonstrate ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
3. Demonstrates manual dexterity needed to operate cleaning equipment.
Associated topics: environmental, environmental protection agency, glacier, groundwater, landfill, pollution, sustainability engineer, wastewater, water, water safety