Bedding Machine Operator 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. We are currently in need of a 1st Shift Machine Operator. Your primary role is to setup and run machine and associated equipment. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA ), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Start machine, make adjustments as necessary and perform necessary troubleshooting.
- Perform efficient machine set-up, clean out and change-over.
- Maintain communication with Bagger Operator, line associates and during shift change.
- Train new and existing line personnel and backups.
- Perform inspection of mix quality out of the Ingredient Bins.
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion (Complete Cleaning Checklists).
- Understand and know the goals and objectives of the department.
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
- Able to work overtime, with some shift flexibility as needed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess one-year operator or backup operator experience.
- Ability to operate forklift and handcart in a safe manner.
- Ability to analyze problem(s), troubleshoot and provide successful solution(s).
- Must have the ability to lift up to 105 lbs. with assistance.
- Must have the ability to bend, twist, turn and climb.
- Possess solid organizational skills.
- Effectively communicate with others in a manner which promotes lean manufacturing in a team environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (add, subtract, multiple and divide).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loading some great jobs for you...