Sr. Tool & Die Maker
Compensation: $50,460.00 - $77,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Denison, TX Contract to hire Job Summary Develops, constructs and alters molds and die sets for die casting and progressive stamping plus a wide variety of jigs, fixtures and gauges. Performs assignments that range from the use of ordinary tool room operational duties including working within tight tolerances of +/- .0002. Accountable for quantity and quality of workmanship Job Details
- (10%) Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
- (5%) Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat-treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
- (85%) Builds die from complex set of blueprints and builds jigs and fixtures from sketches, part drawings or verbal instructions.
- (20%) Disassembles and reassembles all types of progressive dies and die cast molds for routine maintenance or repairs.
- (70%) Repairs tools and dies by identifying and correcting problems. Analyzes and troubleshoots progressive dies, assesses problems and repairs accordingly.
- (5%) Provides support to production area by problem-solving and building tools.
- (5%) May instruct Tool Room Apprentices and Machinists.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of experience
- Completed Apprenticeship or Machining Technologies course completion or equivalent experience is nice to have.
- Able to read complex set of blueprints.
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot progressive carbide lamination dies or multi-cavity Die Cast Molds.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a complete knowledge of all tool room equipment and procedures. Able to operate
- Drill presses: drilling, reaming, tapping and c/boring.
- Lathes: complex turning operations, angles, tapers, threading, etc.
- Milling machines: complex milling, slotting, rotary table, boring, indexing, speeds and feds, cutter selection, etc.
- Surface grinding: perform complex radius/form grinding, selection of wheels, sine bars, angles and slots, etc.
- precision measuring equipment (micrometers, Vernier s and comparators)
- Knowledge of and ability to perform oxygen/acetylene welding techniques.
- Able to operate CNC and Wire EDM machines is desirable.
- Able to solve mathematical equations and problems using geometry and trigonometry.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...