Chemical Plant Technician
Compensation: $85,425.00 - $144,970.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Chemical Plant TechnicianKelly Services is seeking a talented Chemical Plant (Facilities) Technician in Tamaqua, PA. The ideal candidate will have 3 years experience with chemical plant operations, experience with handling hazardous chemicals (Toxics, reactive, corrosives, oxidizers, F2 and HF preferred), and be familiar with basic equipment maintenance and repair. Candidates without chemical experience but with the 3 years facilities will be considered. This is a 6 month Temp-to-Hire opportunity!Must be flexible to work a day shift or night shift. Occasional Weekends. OT offered!Position Description:
- Performs the activities necessary to support R&D efforts in a pilot plant environment.
- May include construction of experimental equipment and small pilot plant facilities, operation of those facilities, preventive and operational maintenance of pilot plant equipment, and routine analytical analysis of process and product samples.
- The preferred candidate will be able to perform all duties consistent with manufacturing various compounds in a pilot plant setting.
- Should be familiar with the operation of reactors, centrifuges, refrigeration and heating systems, gas cylinders and rotary vacuum driers. Should also be familiar with packaging solids, liquids and gases and be capable of operating a fork lift.
- The ability to safely handle hazardous materials is expected.
- *Days and hours depend on the specific project needs; overtime, occasional weekend work, and continuous (rotating) shifts are possible.
- Responsible for safety, environmental protection, productivity, quality, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Resolution of daily operating issues, product on-time delivery, diagnose malfunctions and perform preventive and operating maintenance, recording and reporting all deviations from normal operating conditions, maintaining an up-to-date R&D notebook, maintaining a safe work environment, and following all Versum Materials corporate standards for laboratory and pilot plant EH&S.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- The preferred candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalency, good communication skills,
- Minimum of 3 years experience with chemical plant operations, experience with handling hazardous chemicals (Toxics, reactive, corrosives, oxidizers, F2 and HF preferred), and be familiar with basic equipment maintenance and repair. Familiarity with analytical instruments is desirable
- Will work Mon-Fri. 1-2 months on day shift for training. Must be flexible to work a day shift or night shift. Occasional Weekends
- Overtime is offered
Why Kelly? As a Kelly employee, you ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services. Apply Today! Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, chemistry, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...