Senior Technical Machine Operator III - Crew 2
Compensation: $54,680.00 - $78,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The schedule for this shift is 12-hour nights, from 6:30pm - 6:30am.
Week 1 (36 hours): ON Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Week 2 (48 hours): ON Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
What Machine Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Prepare, package and inspect product produced in an Injection Molding Machine. Ensure that the product meets quality specifications and is done in a safe and efficient manner. Perform duties required to assist with mold set up and troubleshooting plastic injection molding machines. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment including auxiliary equipment as required.
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make plastic or metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining.
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Communication & Interpersonal
- Communicate in verbal or written form Work independently from verbal and/or written instructions from Supervisor and Lead Communicate with off-going/on-coming operators
- Support a team based environment by actively participating on teams and offering suggestions for improvement
Quality & Safety
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report any unsafe working conditions
- Understand Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Follow 6S guidelines
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out rules
- Operate overhead crane safely
Systems & Tools
- Read, use and interpret measuring devices, gauges and inspection tools
- Perform and document inspections per GMP for work instruction sheet, on device history sheet records, and work instruction sheet tables
- Report and document necessary maintenance issues
- Document ending cycle process parameter and any tool issues as appropriate
- Enter correct downtime category into PlantStar
- Input Maintenance work orders into Maximo (Computerized Maintenance Management Software)
- Pack, label, and palletize product correctly according to the Work Instruction Sheet
- Perform duties as a line leader and perform duties as a Ram/Kahle operator if assigned to Syringe
- Monitor the process and show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues (troubleshooting, problem solving)
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (5 why s) for safety, quality and processing issues (troubleshooting)
- Answer machine alarms as they occur and address the root cause
- Check and maintain quality of the product being produced by identifying acceptable and non-acceptable product in accordance with the Quality policy
- Perform PM maintenance weekly and monthly as required
- Start-up and shutdown of Injection Molding Machine including auxiliary equipment
- Assist with mold changes in a timely manner and ensure current process is saved in memory
- Clean and lubricate molds per schedule and documenting in mold cleaning log
- Understand the molding process using the RJG monitoring system
- Establish IMM processes and complete PCR inspections as required
- Conduct TPM and SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die) activities as required if assigned to Containers; conduct TPM only if assigned to Syringe
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to lift items ranging from 1-50 pounds with repetitive movements from floor to overhead, independently, frequently to constantly
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 12 hours a shift, climb up and down ladders, and push and pull items
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality and safety guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...