Plant Engineer, Utilities (Worcester)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in Worcester, MA
- Industry: Engineering - Mechanical Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $96,010.00 - 138,950.00 / Year*
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Plant Engineer who provides engineering support and acts as system owner of specific assigned utility infrastructure, systems and equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSI-BILITIES
Provides engineering support and acts as system owner of specific assigned utility infrastructure, systems and equipment. Develops or oversees the development of user requirements for new equipment and modifications to existing equipment and systems from concept through supporting installation with the collaboration of stakeholders. Manage site startup and commissioning and coordinate engineering support of validation activities for specified equipment. During operations and capital projects the Engineer will work with stakeholders including Third Party Integrator, Manufacturing, Quality, and EHS organizations responsible for equipment and systems including on-the-floor troubleshooting of equipment. During construction of future projects, responsibilities will include acting as overall project coordination supplementing project group resources with overall accountability for developing scope, justification, design, construction, schedule and budget for projects related to assigned utility equipment. Also includes assessment of spare part requirements, the generation of PM Job Plans and operational work instructions, and walk down of equipment systems prior to handover. Sign off of as built drawings and review and approval of TOP. Provides Subject Matter technical expertise for equipment ensuring continued compliance to regulatory, company and site policy and procedure. Addresses equipment issues identified by stakeholder; assesses production needs and opportunities; coordination with internal groups and outside contractors; generates specifications for the procurement of equipment and instrumentation; installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime, develops and implements new capital project scopes, performs project management for all equipment related modification projects on assigned systems, supports compliance efforts related to Deviations, CAPA, change management and contamination investigations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering and science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical preferred), a related discipline, or its equivalent. Advanced degree in Engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years relevant experience in biopharmaceutical industry or its equivalent including experience with plant utilities and auxiliary systems (HVAC, Power Infrastructure 13.8KVA, Electrical Distribution, Plant Steam, Fire Alarm/Suppression, Storm water management, Compressed Air, Chilled Glycol, Cooling towers).
- The individual should have the ability to manage and organize multiple complex technical projects and familiarity with the manufacturing operations of large scale production facilities as well as GMP experience.
- Experience with 3D model plant design software desirable.
- Candidates must be effective in both a team environment and an individual contributor role.
- Knowledgeable in engineering principles related industrial building utilities troubleshooting.
- Ability to work extended hours or a modified work schedule as required for coverage of start-up activities for future projects and support of ongoing 24/7.
- The job requires technical knowledge and the candidate will have the ability to proactively troubleshoot and possess the desire to continue to develop technically and professionally.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: assembly, automotive, brakes, bsme, mechanical engineer, mechanic, msme, powertrain, thermal, turbine
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Worcester, MA!