Compensation: $84,080.00 - $119,590.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
BHS Corrugated North America is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
As a Manufacturing Engineer with BHS Corrugated at our production facility in Knoxville, TN, you will be responsible for all machinery and processing methods within the facility. The goal of this position is to achieve the highest product quality by developing machinery and processing standards. Manage Capital Expenditure projects and coordinate with contractors and outside vendors. Develop manufacturing process documentation and controls to assure safe, quality product and product costing to meet overall customer and company objectives.
- Reinforce and support a safety culture. Compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and practices. Actively pursue and support safety by leading by example and upholding safety with all other employees; LOTO, Hazcom, PPE, Engineering Safety controls to hazards, etc.
- Participate in accident investigation and provide root cause analysis and suggest solutions for safety concerns.
- Aggressively drive engineering controls to address safety concerns and hazards.
- Process development and controls. Assure the manufacturing process is established, clearly documented, and detailed for each job, and verified to provide product quality.
- Primary responsibility assure all process standards are safe and provide a quality product as expected by customers.
- Assure all machine processes have safety hazard assessments completed and published.
- Assure quality control plans along with quality work instructions. Ensure all manufacturing processes are documented.
- Provide all product technical drawings, tooling specifications, and processing specifications to the manufacturing floor for each job order.
- Provide training for Production leadership and technical support personnel as required.
- Drive continuous improvements. Take ownership of driving continuous improvements in processing for quality, cost, and delivery. This will link to capital expenditures justifications.
- Support Lean and 5S standards for the manufacturing floor.
- Support business systems development.
- Machinery Performance and Reliability. Assure the highest level of availability is achieved. This includes maintenance process documentation, spare parts identification, and troubleshooting, and training support to support business objectives. Provide professional maintenance practices by implementing industry best practices and techniques. Strive to achieve capacity requirements and availability objectives.
- Establish and maintain good machinery documentation.
- Establish and maintain good routine maintenance processes. This includes developing preventative and predictive tasks along with tracking machine reliability. Track unplanned downtime to strategically improve the maintenance process or determine mean time between failures.
- Develop and implement capital expenditure plans for equipment and facility.
- Perform and participate in acquiring materials and spare parts to maintain machinery availability or improvement.
- Support computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Tracking work performed, equipment history, along with spare parts usages and inventory.
- Design special tooling and equipment as required.
- Maintain professional behavior and integrity. Work closely with many departments within organizations as well as routinely work with customers and vendors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a team player, with problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills as well as scheduling flexibility to work all shifts and be able to respond in the event of unplanned downtime.
The Required Experience:
- Technical Degree: two years required. Plus 5 or more years of manufacturing directly related experience. Must maintain hands-on expertise and proficiency in all aspects of industrial machinery and processing.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering principles and specifications. Knowledge of codes and certification requirements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and urgent response schedule. Ability to respond as needed for unplanned downtime situations.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as a computer, calculator, fax, copier, etc.
- Ability to use MS Office applications and Computer Design software (AutoCad experience preferred)
The Preferred Experience
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience with machine shop environment; precision grinding, manual lathe and welding.
- Experience with precision measurement systems.
The salary is competitive and is based on experience.
Your benefits will include health, dental and vision insurance, vacation time, personal/sick time and company paid benefits including life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability. BHS also offers a 401k match and tuition reimbursement!
BHS is the worlds largest provider of solutions for the corrugated industry. We are a privately-owned company, headquartered out of Germany, with more than 50 years in the corrugated industry. BHS has had a presence in North America for 25 years, primarily focusing on sales and service of corrugated equipment. We have offices in Baltimore, MD and Knoxville, TN, and have team members that represent us in 19 states.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...