Field Service Associate- Brooklyn
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description Summary
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
* Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to: preventive maintenance, repairs, installation and service of diagnostic instrumentation, holiday and weekend on-site support, marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials support.
* Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
* Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service
* Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs
* Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data
* Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements
* Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
* Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits
* Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager
* Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy.
* Interface effectively with other departments and managers to resolve customer problems and issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Accountable for providing support to customers that meet BD standards of superior quality service at all times. Accountable for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle, trunk stock of spare, and repair parts. As a representative of BD, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment.
* High School Diploma/GED is required.
* Associate Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is desired.
* Experience with medical devices and equipment, PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is a plus.
* A technical background is a plus.
* Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
* Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
* PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly preferred.
* A technical degree or related certification is a plus.
* Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
* Ability to travel 90% of the time - with 40% overnight travel
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Baltimore
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, inventory, management, mow, plant, production management, prune, watering
Loading some great jobs for you...