Compensation: $82,720.00 - $119,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are an experienced Plant Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Plant Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Plant Engineer will include:
- Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods. Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing
- Conduct Job Ergonomics evaluations
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower and review daily employee manpower, analyze plant methods and standards
- Prepare or direct the preparation of cost estimates of new or revised methods and standards
- Review proposed changes in plant layout, processes, material handling, routing, etc.
- Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards
- Conduct time and motion/MODAPTS studies and review employee proposals and suggestions
- Develop cycle line layouts for current and future models using ACAD. Lead job methodization and process allocations
- Coordinate engineering changes and planning. Conduct value stream mapping and process audits
- Develop cost saving project proposals and write projects as required
- Interface with Production Supervision and the UAW to settle job disputes
- Assist production in planning labor allocations for mix and line speed changes
As a Plant Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- strong written and verbal communications skills
- demonstrate positive leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
- GSPAS knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues quickly through route cause analysis and drive change back to the production departments
- proven willingness to take a participatory approach to union relations and be a team player
- serve as a strong and confident technical mentor to the production organization (both hourly and salary)
- 3-5 years experience
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Education Preferred: Bachelor s Degree in Industrial Engineering o MODAPTS Certification
As a Plant Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Plant Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, garden, inventory, management, mow, plant, production management, prune, transplant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...