Plant Human Resources Manager - Labor Relations
Compensation: $125,730.00 - $112,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
We are recruiting a Human Resources Manager Labor Relations to drive people and process transformation at our leading metals manufacturing plant in Woodbridge, NJ. Initiative, ownership, and disciplined workforce development will be key differentiates in both the selection process and the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position. This role requires the ability to think strategically, acting at the detail level to support the employees and the business.
- Partner with managers and corporate resources to implement and administer collective bargaining agreement(s). Provide support and resolution on matters of contract interpretation, general labor law, and grievance handling.
- Leader in site employee relations efforts by recommending and executing programs and practices that enhance the connection between the company and its employees.
- Working with operations team, develop an effective staffing and training model
- Responsible for effectively identifying, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, resolving complex labor and human capital challenges
- Develop and implement process and tools that foster higher productivity and improved retention of workforce
- Support corporate employees based in the building with any employee relations needs
- Partnering with Plant Manager and entire plant leadership team to ensure a complete understanding of human capital needs and objectives, leading through effective communication and discipline
- Effectively recruit, train and develop highly productive candidates motivated to achieve business objectives.
- Daily management of 3rd party staffing partner
- Counseling and provide assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues relating to promotion, termination or disciplinary action
- Lead role in safety compliance and incident investigation
- Reviews evaluation of performance and aligns associate objectives to business strategy
- Sound working knowledge of applicable collective bargaining agreement(s), state and federal labor and employment laws
- Perform weekly payroll functions
- Plant Manager and Plant Leadership Team
- HR Director for Manufacturing Operations, Chief Human Resource Officer, and Corporate HR Teams
- Peer group of AMI Plant HR Professionals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience leading people to accomplish a mission with purpose, teamwork, and pride
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Industrial Relations or related field is required.
- Demonstrates integrity, flexibility, discipline, sound judgment, and strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced command & control environment with a working knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
#Indeed - Associated
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, inventory, manage, mow, plant, scanner, ship, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...