CH-47 Helicoptor Repairer (15U) (Brookline)
Compensation: $66,900.00 - $109,430.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
Loading some great jobs for you...
15U CH-47 Helicoptor Repairer
Job Views: 139
Location: BUZZARDS BAY, Massachusetts, United States
ZIP Code: 02542
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The CH-47 (Chinook) helicopter is the heavy lifter of the Army National Guard and requires precise mechanical attention. Used for cargo handling, transporting troops, disaster evacuation, and combat operations, it's up to you to ensure these helicopters are ready to answer any call to action.
The wide range of missions and diversity of functions of Guard helicopters require a highly specialized maintenance team for each type of aircraft. As a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer you will be responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Chinooks to ensure that these aircraft remain safe and ready to fly. This includes all requisite inspections, service, and maintenance of aircraft and subsystems.
* Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, and mechanical flight controls
* Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
* Inspect and repair aircraft wings, fuselages, and tail assemblies
* Prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks
* Assist in diagnosing/troubleshooting
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Engine disassembly and repair
* Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
* Fix hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...