Rail Maintenance Process Manager
ArcelorMittal USA in Columbus, IN
- Type: Full Time
ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world s leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 18,000 people at 26 operations across the United States.
ArcelorMittal USA is currently seeking a Rail Maintenance Manager for our Indiana Harbor plant located in East Chicago, Indiana. The Rail Maintenance Process Manager supervises and directs maintenance activities throughout South Chicago & Indiana Harbor Railway Company (SCIH) including locomotives, rolling stock, crossings, signals, bridges, mobile equipment, buildings, and property in accordance with federal regulations: CFR 49 Transportation, CFR 129 OSHA and Association of American Railroads (AAR) Car Repair and Interchange Rules.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Instruction of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and AAR training requirements, as well as the recording and maintenance of training records
- Preparation of federal reports
- Inputting of car repair information and billings in AAR and RMI systems
- Management of parts inventory
- Requisitioning materials and supplies through Tabware and PDM systems
- Perform safety meetings, briefings, proficiency testing and safety auditing including drug and alcohol observations as required by federal regulation
- Supervises a small group of hourly maintenance employees and assists with hourly operating employees
- Communication with foreign railroads, federal inspectors, IDOT and city inspectors
- Maintain good employee relations by fair and impartial administration and decisions of all employee issues with due consideration being given to the local labor agreement, SCIH, ArcelorMittal, and FRA policies
- Understanding and application of federal railroad regulations
- Knowledge of EPA and HazMat regulations
- Prior experience working for FRA railroad
- Locomotive maintenance skillset and knowledge
- Basic electrical knowledge and ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to plan, schedule, and priorities work to optimize personnel materials and equipment
- Must be capable of training employees in accordance with FRA requirements
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manage, manufacture, plant management, scanner, transplant, watering
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!