Maintenance Supervisor - Log Cabin Resort
ARAMARK in Port Angeles, WA
- Industry: Facility Maintenance - Grounds Maintenance
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $35,040.00 - 50,750.00 / Year*
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates; provides training and counseling, as needed. Assures that proper safety standards and precautions are followed. Supervises and participates in building and facilities maintenance and repair; operates equipment, as needed. Assures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are available to crew; orders supplies and materials as needed. Prepares and maintains records for weekly and monthly reports; prepares reports; prepares time records for payroll purposes. Inspects completed work; assures that work is completed properly; ensures that equipment is in proper working order; oversees preventive maintenance on equipment. Prepares cost estimates on proposed projects. May be assigned to wear a respirator and/or self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as needed. Performs related duties as needed or assigned. Essential Functions:
- Considerable knowledge of the tools and equipment associated with the building maintenance and construction trades.
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to building and facilities maintenance and repair and the use of power tools.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinate employees. Ability to train and counsel subordinate employees.
- Ability to use and operate the tools and equipment of the building maintenance and construction trades in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work long hours in inclement weather and emergency situations, such as snow removal operations, storms, etc.
- Ability to wear a respirator and/or self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the Industrial Standard for Respirator Use.
- Ability to effectively communicate on radios; and hear over equipment noise. Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Status and Scope: Reports to Facilities Manager or Facilities Director
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from high school and five years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the skilled trades and some lead experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Considerable knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to building, grounds and facilities maintenance and repair. Must be well organized, computer literate with strong knowledge of MS office software.
- Excellent work history and attendance record. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license, qualify for company vehicle driver s license and have an excellent driving record.
- Must understand the value of a work order system to support implementation of CMMS
- Experience with CMMS systems and building management systems is a plus.
- A universal (EPA) refrigeration certificate & HAZWOPER training are also valued as are leadership skills.
Equipment Used: Telephone, Calculator, Computer, hand-held radio, company motor vehicles, various power tools and maintenance-related equipment Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING NOT REQUIRED HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT
Associated topics: athletic, field, grounds, landscaping, maintenence, mower, park, paver, superintendent, tree
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Port Angeles, WA!