American Axle and Manufacturing in North Vernon, IN
- Industry: Engineering - Industrial Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $74,110.00 - 103,130.00 / Year*
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleManufacturing Engineer
Job Description SummaryImplements manufacturing techniques, processes, tooling, and machinery to maximize throughput. Establishes control charting of critical features and processes; monitors results and determines machine and process capabilities and performance reliability. Manages the implementation of new processes, selection of equipment to be purchased, and time estimates. Identifies optimal tooling for machining.Resolves issues with design, manufacturability, or build sequences. Ensures production-part acceptance and manufacturing readiness. Participates in adoption of new technologies and processes to achieve greater efficiency. Consults on and oversees selection and implementation of automation and robotics on the assembly line.
- Will be responsible for wastewater treatment line entailing:
o Understanding of perception reaction process
o Basic understanding of pH meters, metering pumps, and process flow
o Able to calibrate equipment as necessary
o Recording daily flow and final pH readings
o Meet with local officials to review permit with licensed operator
- Will need some basic understanding of chemistry and fluid flow
o Understanding of titrations and how to preform them
o Able to locate problem areas in the line and quickly address them as problems arise
o Understand reaction time necessary for certain maintenance and adjustment purposes
o Will be responsible for all prototype and test rods that go through the MnP process
- Will need a basic understanding of microscopy and elemental detection analysis
o Must be able to determine good crystal morphology and coating thickness, using a scanning electron microscope and standard lab microscope
o Be able to interpret results and make suggestions and adjustments as necessary
o Be able to interpret and make correct assessment of elemental detection analysis to assess issues with coating
- Ensure that equipment and production processes run safely
- Continuously evaluate the production equipment and make sure that it s as efficient as possible
- Design, implement and refine production processes and equipment to maintain target production levels
- Work with production and quality to insure we are making a quality product
- Work closely and oversee maintenance and technicians to solve problems with machinery
- To be involved in cost reduction, energy consumption and controlling pollution levels
- Develop detailed project schedules
- Manage project budgets and expenditure
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Coordinate with maintenance, venders, and suppliers to meet production needs, quality, and deadlines
- Providing training and technical support to employees
- Work with production to make good and clear process work instructions
- Work with Maintenance Manager to make good and clear PM work instructions
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
- Mentoring Engineering Technicians and Interns
- Review downtime information and create solutions to reduce or eliminate the downtime
- Continue their education by going to school, training, seminars, or trade shows
- Will lead the CI initiatives for the plant, lead, plan, and execute projects throughout facility and be responsible for data collection, compiling, recording, and submitting to headquarters.
- Keep a positive attitude and lead by example
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Science in Automated Manufacturing, Tool Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor s Degree in Applied Science in the same preferred) or equivalent work experience in the Manufacturing Engineering or Process Engineering function.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in working with powder metal equipment (compacting, forging, finishing) preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Manufacturing Tooling Setup (compacting, forging, finishing) function preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software i.e. AutoCAD or similar software.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail ...@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!