Amcor is the world's largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world's most recognizable brands.
* Amcor is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid & flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care and tobacco packaging industries.
* As the world's largest packaging company, Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
* Today, Amcor has more than 27,000 co-workers working together across more than 180 sites in over 40 countries.
* We are: Global, Customer-driven, Innovative, Responsible and Talented.
* Visit www.Amcor.com to learn more.
This position directs the day-to-day and strategic activities of a highly complex, large plant to achieve financial and operating objectives as determined by ARP and the Business Unit. The Plant Director is a key leadership role which manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, warehouse, quality, customer relations, human resources, and finance. This position serves as the senior ARP representative locally, and is responsible for compliance with the Amcor code of conduct and for ensuring plant compliance with all regulations (federal and local), as well as other Amcor and ARP policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Promotes a proactive and sustainable environmental, health and safety culture that supports Amcor \"zero incident\" goal and that exceeds local, state and federal requirements
* Directs operational effectiveness to maximize efficiency and productivity
* Ensures customer delivery and quality expectations are met
* Plans and oversees the implementation of capital improvement projects to ensure adherence to approved plans, schedules and budgets
* Responsible for all aspects of financial management of the plant; controls spending in all areas including capital, labor, energy and inventory
* Resolves operational, manufacturing, employee and customer issues
* Prepares and compiles various analysis and reports pertaining to plant utilization, labor efficiencies, materials usage, scrap, and labor
* Responsible for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (\"GMP\") in food and/or pharmaceutical to consistently manufacture products according to quality standards, as well as other customer and regulatory quality standards
* Works closely with customer contacts (quality and purchasing) to ensure coordination of activities and facilitation of customer relationship; participates in the resolution and prevention of customer complaints, and promotes solid customer relations in partnership with the commercial organization
* Responsible for the overall development of people and skills throughout the plant to support talent management
* Actively works to build high engagement of coworkers
* Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management. Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues
* Keeps informed of technical and management developments to assure continued personal growth and to coach employees toward optimum performance
* Expected Travel: 10%
* Education: Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related field preferred; minimally, Business Administration or similar
* Master's degree preferred
* Minimum of ten years plant supervisory experience required, including three years in operations management
* Proven track record of success in a large operation in the plastics packaging industry
Experience overseeing functions such as accounting or finance, safety and human resources, and quality preferred
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
Associated topics: analyst, bank, cfa, cpa, director finance, expense, finance, investment banking, revenue, tax