Manufacturing & Controls Engineer
Compensation: $93,950.00 - $126,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Allied Reliability is looking for an Engineer, Manufacturing & Controls to work in the Southeast Georgia area. Responsibilities
The Controls Engineer position is accountable for the planning, development, design, and coordination of control systems in the facility and Corporate Projects as assigned. Specific accountabilities include: evaluating manufacturing processes to improve product quality, process efficiencies and machine reliability; failure analyses; developing new control systems and modifying existing systems; leading project activities in the areas of controls/electrical design and equipment integration.
- Manage activities of cost reduction projects write AFE update reports.
- Monitor and improve machine process, develop work instructions and train employees.
- Participate in implementing safety improvements.
- Evaluates and improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable Electronic Systems.
- Participate in projects that support in reducing downtime and scrap.
- Organize, plan and commission new or modified production lines.
- Modify control system logic and industrial machinery to optimize equipment performance and control.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Read and understand pneumatic, hydraulic, electric and electronic documentation and drawings and interpret equipment data.
- Electrical Schematic documentation for corporate
- Provide training to operators, supervisors, managers on new or modified processes.
- Strong understanding of Allen Bradley Control Systems, RS Logic 5000 & Seimens S7
- Works with maintenance department to ensure preventative and predictive maintenance compliance.
- Programs software to configure and/or make modifications to automated systems and process control systems, which will include maintaining a backup library of robotic, PLC and other instrumentation software.
- Evaluates, selects and coordinates with outside vendors for design, machining and fabrication of tooling and systems.
- Bachelor s Degree in engineering discipline; preferably electrical or controls engineering or Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of engineering experience required.
- Working knowledge of high-volume manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and quality improvement methods. Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Six Sigma/Lean experience preferred.
- Experience with Robotics
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP & Data Analysis (such as Minitab) experience a plus.
Associated topics: circuit, diagram, energy, hardware, image processing, power, rf, transmission, wire, wiring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...