Assistant Operations Manager
Affinity in Lombard, IL
- Type: Full Time
Assistant Operations Manager - Foods
- Fortune 500 foods processing facility has expanded and is hiring for a newly created role, an Assistant Operations Manager role on 2nd shift
- The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all of 2nd shift including: managing, planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing, maintenance, quality, sanitation, processing and packaging
- Company has been in business for 75 years with sales around $28 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- Relocation assistance will be provided on a case by case basis
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Directly supervise and manage 5 supervisors, and 200 employees on 2nd shift
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Ensure employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- 2nd in command and will cover the Operations Manager as needed
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in Business Management, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar
- 4+ years of food manufacturing experience
- Must have experience managing supervisors in a manufacturing setting
- Military veterans are a plus, leadership experience preferred
- Must be capable of problem solving, multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment that creates custom/complex food products
- Experience with following food regulations and guidelines: HACCP, OSHA, GMP's, ISO, SQF, AIB, USDA is preferred
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork lift, manage, management, plant management, prune, scanner, ship, watering
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!