Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift- Medical Device
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn . Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work! Production Supervisor - Second Shift WHAT YOUR NEW MANAGER WANTS YOU TO KNOW: ' I'm looking for a team player with supervisory experience in a fast-paced Manufacturing Environment. If you want to jump start your path to a successful career and contribute to keeping patients safe, healthy, and happy, I would be very interested in receiving your resume. Let's discuss this exciting opportunity and your goals for the future.' *YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Trusted Leader - A Production Supervisor's role is to be responsible for the direct supervision of Production Assemblers, meeting product quality requirements and customer shipment deadlines. Responsible for immediate and direct training and supervision of production employees as their supervisor.
- A Production Expert- Provide project support for all phases of new product development through constant involvement with Production and Operations Management to effectively manage production teams (knows how/when to escalate issues). Can apply industry knowledge and technical experience to identify and implement process improvement.
Qualifications YOU BRING:
- Excel as an individual performer. Takes full ownership and accountability for production work by effectively completing detailed production plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, timelines and assignments. Able to balance own workload and workload of others to meet customer shipment deadlines
- Troubleshoot with an eye for detail. Creates and enforces quality integrity checks, coordinates the modification of processes as needed, and provides timely resolution for production quality related issues by applying analytical skills to proactively identify and solve business and technical problems. Follows cellular manufacturing methodologies for new production line, implementation or changes to existing production lines and uses SAP to transact work orders.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: For this role, we're looking for a production leader who is:
- 3 to 5 years of production supervisor experience required.
- A.A. Degree or minimum six years relevant experience, three being in the medical device field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to technical and non-technical contacts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Access, Excel, and Word
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be available to work extended hours as requested by the manager. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Attention to Detail Focused
- Quality Focused
- Acts as an Owner
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Loading some great jobs for you...